Praise be to Allaah, the Lord of the Worlds, and peace and blessings be upon the Trustworthy Prophet Muhammad and upon all his family and companions.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

5 Senses


I forgot to mention that for 4 weeks (or until the library books are due back), homeschooling the home bound will be exploring 5 blessings: smell, touch, sight, taste and hearing. Alhamdulillah. I realized once upon a time we had a book called Allah Gave Me Eyes. I am sure it is long gone, because is was ms. Mofsa's favorite bed time and anytime story. I must get another copy or try and have the whole series ordered at the library, all in the name of multiculturalism. Ironically, the have Yusuf Islam's A is for Alif and the board books stories of the prophets.
So far we have red a couple of books on hearing and I found a whole series in the non-fiction J section on the senses. Where did I get this idea for thematic learning? Well, I am sort of following the Houghten Mifflen pre-k program on www.eduplace.com. They have teacher resources, printables, bibliographies and learning goal sheets. With a little creativity you can play along without having to buy the books. Also, I got an okay montassouri book, why I say okay, well it doesn't have a lot of pictures (I admitt it, I have ABKB). But after skimming it after dinner, I realized I need work on processes with mis Pesa. For example, how to greet people. We will be working on this soon, insha'Allah. I don't think I feel up to sandpaper letters, I tried it, but who has time to cut all that out. I mean geesh!
Today's agenda will be the letter P, pasting beans on a P, also a collage on what we smell. Sounds sticky!
Okay, this post was brought to by the letter, P, the number 4 and all our friends here at Homeschooling the Home Bound, see ya next time!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are giving me ideas about things to do with my kids, jesak Allah khairun. i have a great deal of admiration for sisters who have the strength to home school...i have thought about it myself but we do have several Muslims schools in close proximity to my house so i will see how they are first inshaAllah.

1:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home