Praise be to Allaah, the Lord of the Worlds, and peace and blessings be upon the Trustworthy Prophet Muhammad and upon all his family and companions.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Program Changes

Home Schooling the Homebound has been revised!

Now that my planned coup for the car was succesful, I have made changes to our Pre-K schedule.

Home Schooling the Home Bound: Monday, Wednesday and Friday (only Quran and Alif Baa on Fridays, I have bleach down the house)

Out and About (my new segment) Library, fieldtrips and playdates: Tuesday and Thursday (this may in the future include ummie and me at the masjid)

Alhamdulillah, we are just about complete with all the English letters with the exception of e. Today, I introduced spelling Ms. Pesa's name. This was a stretegy I used with my oldest. I made cards for the letters of their names in the correct case, one capital for the onset sound and lower case for the rest. Then using a lined handwriting strip I pasted identitical letters. So we will match the cards to the name strip saying each letter and its sound. We will do this probably for a few weeks until she begins to memorize the pattern. After that I will take away the name strip, scrample the letter cards and have her put them in order. Next step make practice handwriting strips with the dots. She will have to put the cards in order and write the letters down on her handwriting strip.
I pray this works with this one, they are all different and not everything flies with the next one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home