Praise be to Allaah, the Lord of the Worlds, and peace and blessings be upon the Trustworthy Prophet Muhammad and upon all his family and companions.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Slugs and Fungus Among Us! October 24, 2006


This is old news . . . Twice after returning home from salatul Taraweeh (on drizzly nights), we found slugs in our livingroom. What? They weren’t near the doors, windows, but just in the middle of the carpet room with a sparkly slim trail leading to the exterior wall. How are they getting into out livingroom? Are they squeezing themselves under the foundation and up through the baseboards? And even if was the scenerio, why would they bother? Allahu Alim.

Oh onto the fungus . . .
After an unexpected cut of the grass from my hubby ( the grass was so long that it was laying down like shaggy hair) . . . and almost 10 hours later in the bed, in the dark, my husband blurts out “there are potatoes growing in the hard!” Now, I sort of doubted the existance of potatoes, but I wondered since moving to the DC metro area, I have notice a jungles worth of never to “be seen before by my SE PA eyes” flora and fauna. So, the very next day, on our usual shopping carts and big wheel expeditions around our neighborhood, I found the “potatoes.” Had we effortlessly grown something? Well, not quite! They were brown, dirty and round, but almost weightless. I realized these are underground funguses, or better known as truffles. Aha! So, in a bucket they sit outside my front door, waiting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home