Praise be to Allaah, the Lord of the Worlds, and peace and blessings be upon the Trustworthy Prophet Muhammad and upon all his family and companions.

Monday, October 09, 2006

First Blog

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem . . .

After a few months of blog searching and endless hours of voyerism, my husband came to me with the logical solution that I should make my own blog. Since, I spend all my free time on the computer with literally nothing to show for but a few purchases on ebay, homeschool resources and an up-to- minute knowledge of what is going on in the muslim world. I guess now after of 20 years of nagging - I have succombed to my mother's advice "why don't you keep a journal" or " are you writing this down? " Okay mom, you won. I am writing are you happy now? I am not sure what I want to funnel into this thing. I have so many interests and things to say and possibly this might be my way of stop writing in my head and actually put down all my thoughts on "paper." Here are a list of things that are current with . . .
1. I am constantly worried about what people think of me, so I never make decisions without thinking about how other's may react.
2. I want to go back to school . . . how do I do that as a fully veiled muslimah?
3. Where are all of my muslim companions? Why are the muslims around here so weird?
4. My father passed away and I think about him constantly, but I can't really put a handle on how that makes me feel.
5. I am really angry with my step-mother . . . her heartless behavior really affected my ability to cherrish my last days with my father and morn the way I needed.
6. How do I blog in a way that isn't transgressing from this deen?
Anyway this is what is going on. I am a terrible speller and an eliptical thinker so don't expect to always be able to follow what I am saying.

2 Comments:

Blogger al-maraya said...

Asalamu alaikum, sister. I'm new to blogging, too! I just kinda jumped in and started. Insh'Allah you will figure out what you want to say and how to say it, too! :)

9:46 AM

 
Blogger Ify Okoye said...

Asalamu alaykum,

As for number six, this I keep two main things in mind:

Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day let him speak good or remain silent and the Muslim does not search out the faults of other people.

1:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home