Praise be to Allaah, the Lord of the Worlds, and peace and blessings be upon the Trustworthy Prophet Muhammad and upon all his family and companions.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Why Can’t We Just Play All Day? October 18, 2006

Life would be easier if every morning I could pack my kids up and drop them off at school for 7 hours so I could goof off at home. It would be great, I could sit at the computer all day, study Quran, read some articles, listen to paltalk lectures and right before time to pick them up cook dinner and clean the house in a total frenzi. How wonderful it would be. However the reality is we don’t really have a whole of options for Muslim Education and the ones we do have I am not doing cartweels over. So we homeschool and I like it and so do they. We have been homeschooling for about 3 and 1/2 years now. First, I started with my step-daughter who will be 6 in November. Eventually her friends and their siblings started coming for educational activities and we had a little school going on in my home. For a year and a 1/2 we did this and then we went back to me and the girls. And it is serious business. We have schedule, I lesson plan, have tests and projects. We go to the library weekly and take field trips and really learn. So we really aren’t playing all day. Now my step-daughter went to live overseas with her umm - so it is just me a little ones and they make me homeschool them. If I start to get lazy . . . I will eventually hear “mom, I want to do school!.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home